Microfiction

 Short Story:

Her results came in at ten o’clock. “You have Covid-19. Isolate, hydrate and if you have trouble breathing call 911.” And so our journey began. My sick wife moved into the spare bedroom, and I took on all the family responsibilities, terrified and lonely for my love who lay fifty feet away.

We called the children, “Just in case, our wills and life insurance policies are in the top drawer of the desk. Just in case, we left our medical directives on the kitchen table. Just in case, we love you so much. Thank you for being our family. “

(Image Information: Centers for Disease Control: https://www.fox13now.com/news/coronavirus/local-coronavirus-news/472-new-covid-19-cases-one-new-death-reported-on-saturday)

Tweet:

Cuomo invites all accusers to come forward and gather in New York nursing home.

Author's Note:

As COVID-19 pandemic is slowly starting to slow down, I wanted to write a short story showing how bad the pandemic was to a lot of people. The tweet is directly affiliated to the story as Governor Andrew Cuomo did a horrible job of managing New York's COVID-19 crisis. He was responsible for thousands of elderly dying to COVID-19. I truly hope this terrible pandemic comes to an end soon and the vaccinations take into effect as soon as possible. 


Comments

  1. Wow this story was kind of heavy. Not in a bad way though. My whole family had the virus for a couple of weeks but I did not lose any immediate family or friends over this pandemic. But I know many have and this story was a good and hard short story reminding me to both do my part to end the pandemic and keep those I love close.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens