Microfiction

 

Short Story:

On a cold winter night in January, Blake dislocated his knee dancing like an idiot outside of a bar while drunk. He ended up on crutches for three weeks and told all his coworkers at work that he did it by bending down to grab something from the freezer because he didn't want them to think he was a drunk maniac. As he was the vice-president of the company, he was relieved to see that people were shocked at how easily his knee was dislocated. However, the guilt and feeling of being a fraud started settling in as people continued to physically assist him and show immense amount of sympathy. 

Tweet:

A child told me they found an emerald in the park today and handed me a shard of a stella bottle

(Image Information: That Time I got drunk at the office Christmas party: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/articles/drunk-at-office-christmas-party)

Author's Note:

First story could be anyone's secret nightmare. No one wants their coworkers to think you're a raging alcoholic. Ever. The tweet is something I saw yesterday scrolling through Twitter and thought was hilarious. I actually remember back in Korea, that I found a shard of a green Soju bottle and thought it was emerald as well. Ah, the simple days. 


Comments

  1. Hey Taeam,
    I really enjoyed reading this short story and it was actually pretty funny. The photo you added was a nice touch as well and complements the story nicely. I think the first story could definitely be just about anyone's secret nightmare, I wouldn't want to wake up to find something like that out. The tweet was also a nice touch. Good job on this, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens