Microfiction

 

(Image Information: World War II: https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/world-war-ii-history

Short Story:

One cold winter evening, an old woman sat by the window staring at the garden. She smiled as she saw he two boys run around the front yard playing with themselves. What would she make the boys for lunch today? The older son's favorite lunch meal was a turkey sandwich while the younger son rather enjoyed a ham sandwich. Suddenly, she heard a small scream from outside. "Are you guys okay?" she asked as she rushed out the front door. A cold hollow wind passed by but nothing. It had been three years since the army officers came to deliver her son's helmets. Three years since the war ended. 

Tweet:

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Author's Note:

The short story is something I came up with myself as I was watching an old war film. I cannot imagine the number of mothers that waited days and nights for their sons or husbands to return from war. I thank everyone and their families who served in the military. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens