Microfiction

(Image Information: A snowboarder making a turn in fresh snow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowboarding)

 Short Story:

Jason thought it would be fun to learn to snowboard as it was a frequent sport played by his friends. When he got there, though, he backed out and said that he couldn't do it. He was afraid he'd fracture his ankles.

Distraught, his friends tried to convince him he was safe and it was fun. "You won't know if you don't like it if you don't try!" But all Jason could do was shake his head and run.

As he went his way, people gabbed about how much of a coward he had been. He regrets ever trying out.

Tweet:

Chicago Bears: Andy Dalton is our QB1

Chicago Bears at the NFL Draft: Andy Dalton is our QB2

Author's Note:

The short story is inspired by a true story... of myself. First time going snowboarding with my friends in Colorado, I backed out of the first day. Then, I tried again on the second day and sprained by left ankle on the second run. The tweet is inspired by the first round of the NFL draft that happened last night. I think trading up to pick Justin Fields is the best decision the Chicago Bears have made in a very long time. 

Comments

  1. Hey Taeam!
    I've never been snowboarding myself but it is always something I've wanted to try! I have skateboarded before and that was kind of intense at first so I can see why snowboarding would be the same! On the second day you hurt yourself? Maybe the day before something was trying to tell you not to do it haha! But hey, it's a learning experience so I hope you enjoyed it other than hurting your ankle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens