Microfiction

 Short Story:

     There once was a professor who loved to challenge his students in fun ways. This particular semester, he decided that he would challenge all students to miss as little number of questions as possible across four exams he would give out. Student with the least number of questions missed would get 100$ gift card to wherever they wanted! Jordan, a student in the class decided that he would go for it and studied hard for every exam. He ended up missing a total of two questions total the entire semester! Thinking surely he was the person that missed the least number of questions, he approached the professor with confidence after the final exam and said, "Hello professor, I am here to collect my gift card!" The professor turned to him and said, "You missed two right? Well, there was a student who did not miss any for the whole semester." That's right. Jordan did all that work for nothing as in this world, there will always be someone better than you. 

Tweet:

No one:

Literally no one:

Colin Cowherd: Baker Mayfield is just not a franchise quarterback! 

(Image Information: Baker Mayfield saw... Aliens? https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/04/baker-mayfield-ufo-austin-texas-cleveland-browns-nfl/)

Author's Note:

Look, the short story is awesome, no matter how you look at it. This is actually inspired by a story my roommate told me and it honestly sums up my entire experience at OU. No matter how hard I tried, there was always someone doing better. Hard realization but it is what it is, you know? The tweet is all about Colin Cowherd and Baker Mayfield. Today, Baker tweeted that he and his fiance saw a UFO in the sky. Colin took a field day with it and said that he did not think Baker was a franchise quarterback he would want because he would not want his franchise quarterback seeing aliens. You read that right. That is a multi-millionaire man who expands his wealth by saying the most absurd stuff. 

Comments

  1. Hello there, Taeam. Your story is true. There will always be someone better than you. However, there's no one in the world better at being you than me. Just kidding. I thought that would be a good twist ending like your story. I noticed you had the word total twice in one sentence, but other than that, everything is good.

    What's funny is I saw something about that tweet recently, but I didn't know what it was. Now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taeam! I think your first microfiction story hits a really important life lesson that I'm still trying to learn myself. It's so easy to fall into a comparison game with everyone around you, isn't it? But the disappointment when you find out there's someone better than you, which your story touches on, is a difficult fall. I'm impressed that you could convey these emotions in such a condensed space! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens