Microfiction: RichNote

 Short Story:

    Just another normal day of going to work, Matthew had no idea what would happen to him today. On his drive to work, Matthew was suddenly stopped by a gold notebook that was thrown onto his front windshield while stopped at a stop light. He immediately got out of the car confused, and grabbed the strange looking notebook. 

"Rich Note"

When he opened the notebook, the front page was filled with writing. As Matthew read on, his eyes widened. 

"Rule #1 of Command Note: The name of the person you write down on this notebook shall obtain wealth of the writer's choice."

This was it. The way to escape the hell cycle that is work. 

Tweet:

Wins over Ohio St.

Oral Roberts University: 1

Jim Harbaugh: 0

(Image Information: Discipling Generation Z: https://juicyecumenism.com/2018/03/05/oral-roberts-university-oru-billy-wilson-generation-z/)

Author's Note:

The first short story is something I was inspired by after watching the anime, Deathnote. However, I could not care less about a notebook that let's me kill people by writing their names. I'd much rather have a book that makes people rich by the stroke of a pen. I would also control the degree of wealth that individual would achieve. The tweet is something hilarious I saw on Twitter. If you think about it, it is an incredible stat even though they represent two different sports. Coach Harbaugh, never change. 

Comments

  1. Hi Taeam!
    I really liked your microfiction story! It took me a moment to figure out that you story was based off of death note but I figured it out when you wrote that the person would have to write down a name. I wouldn’t want a notebook that would let me kill people either. I would much rather have one that made people rich. Great story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens