Microfiction

Short Story
Jordan jumped from the couch, flinging his hands up. “Dammit!”

“What?” Jordan’s wife, Cat, yelled from the bathroom.

“It’s over.” Mike shook his head. “My team is going to lose.”

The Cowboys had led the Eagles 28-27 going into the fourth quarter. But now, with only seconds left in the game and trailing by 7, Jordan’s hope for a comeback had diminished.

“Have faith,” said Cat.

“Faith?” Jordan laughed. “They need a miracle.”

Cat then held out the pregnancy stick as two lines darkened in the test window. “Maybe today they’ll get their miracle.”

With his jaw-dropped, Jordan faced the TV. “Dammit!”

Tweet
Oklahoma: hangs 50*

Florida: Stop the count!!

(Image Information: Oklahoma stomps UCLA https://www.bruinsnation.com/2019/9/14/20866428/oklahoma-stomps-ucla-bruins-48-14)

Author's Note
This microfiction was brought to you by my roommate's engagement! I am extremely happy for my good friend and his now fiance, I figured I'd write my own fear of marriage. Haha, I am not ACTUALLY scared to have children, but I thought, 'why not make a meme story out of it?'
The tweet is about the Cotton Bowl this past football season when we beat the Florida Gators, 55-20. This was such a satisfying win as SEC is a complete joke outside of Alabama and I love to prove that whenever we get the chance to. 

Comments

  1. Hey Taeam!

    I really enjoyed reading your microfiction! I thought it was very short yet was able to convey a great story! I like how it had to do with your roommate's engagement as well! I was slightly confused when Jordan said that his team needs a miracle and then Cat said, “Maybe today they’ll get their miracle.” It just makes it sound like having a baby is a miracle for the football team. However, I read past that just fine and still loved the story! I also laughed that it started with "Dammit" and ended with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taeam!
    Your microfiction is short but the message is clear. I like how you ended it in a comical way and could be left to reader's interpretation. Maybe Jordan say dammit in a happy way or dammit because the team lost. Congrats on your friend's engagement! I'm guessing that the miracle is the baby and it means that the football team will receive some luck. Overall, I enjoyed reading your story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my life

Week 9 Story: Battle of the Heavens